Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ruhpolding – Ski Jumping – Monday 2nd March

I’m in a dark place. After dropping Torbs off at Zurich airport yesterday I faced a 4 hour drive into Eastern Germany to Ruhpolding to the Masters Ski Jump Championship. What initially looked like a brutal (and well deserved) hangover has metamorphosed into something very much more flu-like. I haven’t been able to keep any food down for almost 36 hours now and getting weaker by the minute.

I originally came here to meet James Lambert, the captain of the British Masters Ski Team, and head further east to learn to ski jump. However that’s looking more and more unlikely as I’m barely able to leave my hotel room at the moment. On reflection I also have a 700 km drive to Geneva by Thursday evening, and at the moment I’m struggling to stand up.

I’m hoping this will be my darkest moment, as there are few places I would rather not be than holed up on my own in a foreboding hotel room, shivering, coughing my guts up, unable to sleep and generally regretting this leg of my trip. Dark times indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment