Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's not quite over yet....


So yesterday I braved the M4 on my Vespa to get to a proper FIS regulated ski helmet. Why? Well, as a result of some contacts I made abroad, some very short notice planning / cashing in of air miles / combling together kit and general helpfulness from Snowsport UK, I am now entered for the Verbier XSpeed competition on Monday morning. While most people in the UK will be getting up for work, I'm going to be dressed in lycra, looking a lot like a Power-Ranger, pointing my 215cm downhill skis straight down a very steep slope and trying to retain sphinctoral control.

The event in Verbier, Switzerland (http://www.xspeedski.net/2009/index_E.php) is the FIS World Cup final event for Speed Skiers, and should be a chance to hit 100mph+ at last.

I should admit though, I've never actually competed in any speed skiing event before, let alone representing Great Britain. I reckon it could be interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment